RBI Grade B Officer Exam
RBI Assistant Exam
Eligibility for Grade B Officer:
A Minimum of 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD) or equivalent in Bachelor’s Degree as well as in 12th and 10th standard examinations.
Age Criteria and Age Relaxation in upper age limit
- 21 to 30 years
- For M. Phil and Ph. D candidates the upper age limit will be 32 and 34 years, respectively.
- As per extant practice, age relaxation will be available to experienced candidates viz. candidates having experience as an officer in Commercial Bank/ Financial Institution in Public Sector as also candidates with prior experience in Reserve Bank of India, to the extent of a number of years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years. For such candidates, upper age limit should not exceed 33 years including experience. For experience, probationary period will not be reckoned.
- There are relaxations in upper age limit as per statutory requirements and for the staff.
Eligibility for Assistant:-
Age:- Between 18 and 28 years.
SC/ST – 5 years
OBC – 3 years
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC.
- A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category should either be a graduate from a recognized University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years of defence service.
- Candidates applying for the post in a particular state should be proficient in the language of the state i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the language.
RBI Registration / Application Form: Apply online through Bank’s website.
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern Phase I/Prelims
Name of Subject
No. of Questions
Composite time of 2 hours
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern Phase II/Mains
Name of Test
Paper I – Economic and Social Issues
Paper II – English (Writing Skills)
Paper III – Finance and Management
RBI Grade B Officer Interview (Phase III)
Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview, based on aggregate marks obtained in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III of Phase II exam. The interview will carry 50 marks.
Official website: www.rbi.org.in