CPF – Central Police Forces (AC) Exam
The Union Public Service Commission conducts written examination for recruitment of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) viz. Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
CAPF (AC) 2018 Exam
Date of Notification: 25 APRIL, 2018
Last Date to Apply: 21 May, 2018
Exam Date: 12 August, 2018
CPF Exam Eligibility
Minimum 20 years & Maximum 25 years as on 1st August of the exam year
SC/ST: Maximum Age: 30 years
OBC: Maximum Age 28 years
A degree from a recognised University or equivalent
Physical Standards eligibility:
You need to have minimum Physical Standards as given in the notification.
Note: Female candidates cannot apply for BSF and ITBP
Total vacancies: 300+
Pattern of exam
- Written Examination
- Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests
- Interview/Personality Test
Syllabus for Written Exam
General Ability and Intelligence
General Studies, Essay & Comprehension
Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence
This paper contains objective type questions with multiple choices. This paper broadly covers following areas:
- General Mental Ability
- The questions will be designed to test the logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude including numerical ability, and data interpretation.
- General Science
- The questions will be set to test general awareness, scientific temper, comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science.
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- The questions will test your awareness of current events of national and international importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, globalisation, and interplay among nations.
- Indian Polity and Economy
- The questions aim to test your knowledge of India’s political system and the Constitution of India, social systems and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators.
- History of India
- The questions will broadly cover the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. This will also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
- Indian and World Geography
- The questions will cover the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
Paper II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
This paper contains two parts – A and B. The exam is of 200 marks and the duration of the paper is 3 hours.
Essay Question in 800 words
Other Grammar Questions
Essay questions which are to be answered in long narrative form either in Hindi or English totalling 80 marks. The indicative topics are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
Comprehension, précis writing, other communications and language skills. The paper is to be attempted in English only (marks 120). The topics are Comprehension passages, precis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.
Candidates who are short-listed for Interview/Personality Test, including those shortlisted for Interview/Personality Test provisionally will be issued a Detailed Application Form (DAF) in which among other things, they will be required to indicate their preference of Forces. As female candidates are eligible for appointment to CRPF, CISF, SSB and BSF only, they will be required to indicate their preference for CRPF, CISF, SSB and BSF only.
Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests :
Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)
(a) 100 Meters race in 16 seconds
(b) 800 Meters race In 3 minutes 45 seconds
(c) Long Jump 3.5 Meters (3 chances)
(d) Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.) 4.5 Meters
(a) 100 Meters race in 18 seconds
(b) 800 Meters race In 4 minutes 45 seconds
(c) Long Jump 3.0 meters (3 chances)
(d) Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.) 4.5 Meters
Note: Pregnancy at the time of PET will be a disqualification and pregnant female candidate will be rejected.
To check the standards specified in Notification will be conducted only in respect of candidates who are declared qualified in the Physical Efficiency Test.The Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests will be conducted under the supervision of a Nodal Authority to be appointed by the Ministry of Home Affairs. These tests will be conducted at various centres to be notified after the results of the written examination.
Appeals will be entertained only against the Medical Standards Tests and will have to be made to the Appellate Authority designated by the Ministry of Home Affairs within a period of 15 days from the date of declaration of the results of these tests.
Candidates who are declared qualified in the Medical Standards Tests will be called for Interview/Personality Test to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Candidates who are declared medically unfit but allowed to appear before the “Review Medical Board” on their appeal by the Appellate Authority will be called for Interview/Personality Tests provisionally. The Interview/Personality Test will carry 150 Marks.
The merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Interview/Personality Test.
Candidates are required to apply Online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the below mentioned website.