As you know clear understanding of core mathematics is an essential requirement of a Banker, this test aims to find the candidates calculation speed and ability to deal with numbers and Real world problem.
This evaluate the candidates capacity to think and respond it includes the graphical question as well as General brain teasing problems that requires logical understanding, comparison skills, mathematical skills and good knowledge of English language.
Here emphasis is given to banking sector. IBPS ask questions from topics like history of banking in India, Insurance banking terms, new age banking, investment sector, role of RBI, economic policy of current government etc.
In simple terms the quantitative aptitude exam in IBPS syllabus is a mix of reasoning and numerical ability. It focuses on examining how fast the candidates logical and arithmetic thinking works when different types of data inputs like graphs, tables, images etc are given.
Whole of banking industry now relies on computers and information technology, no other reason why IBPS has a test of computers in their syllabus. We have seen question on browser, security, MS Office, operating systems, shortcuts and computer hardware etc.
For IBPS specialist syllabus include and advanced assessment section called professional knowledge to examine the candidates mastery in some specific duties that banking industry might face. It includes question on subject line business, HR, marketing, IT, finance, accounting, agricultural science etc.
TOPICS THAT WILL BE COVERED
- Digital Sum
- Square root and Cube root
- Linear and Quadratic equation
- Time and Work
- Profit and Loss
- Mixture and Allegation.
- Probability and Permutation and combination.
- Time and Distance/Boats and Streams
- Data Interpretation : PI chart /Line Chart /Bar chart /Table Chart
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Ration and Proportions
- Age Problems.
- Mathematical Series
- Miscellaneous /Data Sufficiency
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Error Spotting
- Sentence Correction
- Para jumbles
- Sentence Completion
- Coded Inequalities
- Coding and Decoding
- Blood relation
- Direction Test
- Logical deductions/Statement Assumptions
- Alphanumeric Series
General Awareness/Banking Awareness
- Last 6 months General awareness/News related to World, India.
- Last 6 months Banking Related News.
- Important Rivers, Stadiums etc (name and place)
- History of computers
- MS Windows and MS office.
- Security tools, virus.
- 100 hours of classroom teaching by experts.
- Study material and worksheets
- Module to prepare for general awareness
- Special booklet for visual reasoning
- Sessions for interview training
- Online support for exam notifications
- Test series for evaluation
- Booklets for marketing, computer and descriptive writing ability